Essex County Jail Annex

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #21 by rattlehead
Replied by rattlehead on topic Essex County Jail Annex

insanebuslady wrote:
So you think that it's okay to vandalize abandoned buildings? Not to sound like an uppity elitist, but does the expression "Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time, break nothing but wind" ring a bell here? I don't like using that expression or any of its variations, but I think that the message behind it is implicit and easy to understand. It's clear that this site supports these values, and as a contributing member, I get upset when I see other members of the site not upholding these values. I'm not trying to fight here, I was just disturbed by what I saw. And although we can't prevent the slow atrophy that these places suffer, we can do our best to slow it.

ANJ:
I'm glad it wasn't you, make it clear to these people that they need to stop and that I might give them a couple blows to the face if I catch them doing it. Nothing against you, im glad it wasn't you spraying.

I never said that I agree with it, I said its something that cannot be stopped completely unless you sit there 24/7 conducting your own patrols, and to claim that you'll do bodily harm to another if you catch them defacing property you have no ownership to is just neanderthal in its conception your not a police official or law enforcement invidual of any sort. The idea and point your making as far as vandals are concerned is understood and agreed with beyond that it would be wise to re-think your plan of attack on stopping it, cause your inviting the possibility of putting yourself in harms way if things don't go how you plan them too.

I DO NOT CONDONE VANDLISIM OF ANY KIND ANYWHERE ON ANYTHING

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #22 by misterpat
Replied by misterpat on topic Essex County Jail Annex
Today was a mess at the jail. Full story to follow.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #23 by EsseXploreR
Replied by EsseXploreR on topic Essex County Jail Annex
Oh no what happened

"It's better to regret something you did, then something you didn't do"

abandonednjurbex.blogspot.com/

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #24 by misterpat
Replied by misterpat on topic Essex County Jail Annex
Just tons of kids running around. Like 20 plus. Some on the roof, some running around outside. Throwing shit off the roof top. Breaking shit over by the maintenance garage. Kids inside just spray painting shit in the auditorium. Some lit a fire with the inmate records.

It was insane!

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #25 by EsseXploreR
are you kidding? we saw a bunch of people when we went up but i cant imagine. Thats crazy

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #26 by Vacant NJ
Replied by Vacant NJ on topic Essex County Jail Annex
Yeah, the place has been a zoo lately.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #27 by rattlehead
Replied by rattlehead on topic Essex County Jail Annex
Are you alright bro?, did you get hit with anything?.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #28 by EsseXploreR

Ashley25 wrote: Anyway, on to happier things! I cruised by the ECJA (OK not the jail itself, didn't get that close because there was a piggy sitting right there at entrance last night) but I am bewildered by how to get in. The birds-eye view from Bing clearly shows a fence lining the entire perimeter, many wide-open fields, exposed roads and lots of hot spots for cops to park and chill in the darkness, waiting for a toolbag like me to stroll on in LOL. The place seems to be very very vulnerable. I have to give ANYONE here who makes it in mad kudos... please bestow upon me your stealthy ninja ways!! :)

Actually, its not like that at all. Tim Banta (A prick cop from my town) chills up there and waits sometimes, but they never go inside the fence. im actually suprised at how comfortable me and my friends have gotten in these places. Going on roofs, smoking, and taking external pics are all things i would never do in these places. After a handfull of sucessfull visits, things just become more easy. Overbrook is another story. There is constant patrol (I hate by myself been questioned too many times to count) and me and my friends see cops ALL the time there. And yes, we do go on the roof, but i always feel an overwhelming sense of eminant danger up there. I dont want to hex it, but it isnt too too bad at overbrook and its fine at the pen.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #29 by lithiumbaby
Replied by lithiumbaby on topic Essex County Jail Annex

insanebuslady wrote: Hey welcome to the boards. Wish I'd known you wanted to make a trip because I was in town with some friends and we did the jail and asylum yesterday and would have been more than happy to take you along. Be careful, there was some kind of fishy stuff we noticed while there, and both places are clearly getting a lot of traffic. The people we bumped into and observed at both places weren't the sharpest tools and didnt seem like the friendliest folks either. I'm worried they're finding these places on the internet by browsing sites like these unfortunately. Which is why I'm a proponent of changing the names of locations so they at least dont come up on a google search. Shit this is turning into a rant, you get the idea

Abandoned NJ:
STOP SPRAYPAINTING YOUR NAME EVERYWHERE. We do NOT condone that on this site. I've seen some small sharpie tags from other members, which I don't exactly agree with, but it's a far cry from the petty vandalism you've engaged in. Seriously, I saw how much you've been spraying in these places. not cool

Bro, seriously, your beating a dead horse.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #30 by ashley25
Replied by ashley25 on topic Essex County Jail Annex
Oh wow, I figured it was the opposite. But you are right about Overbrook being on lockdown; my friends and I have determined that they patrol pretty much on the half hour. The other night at 10pm on the dot a county cop rolled through the complex; thankfully we were already well inside and laying low. After that we didn't see any more threatening headlights. We've also temporarily given up on exploring the detached doctors' houses and buildings across the street from the complex; way too much heat there and not enough shadow.

2 weeks ago we were chillin around the side of the mansion with big white pillars, trying to come up with a good way in and a cop rolled around back for a routine patrol (was about 12am). Thankfully he didn't stay long. A week and a half ago, a friend and I had to curl up on the forest floor adjacent to the rec field for 20 minutes as a cop slowly rolled around the rec field with a spotlight, twice. I'm just glad they're too fat and lazy to leave their cars :)

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #31 by lithiumbaby
Being that this is a public forum, it's only a matter of time till the place gets sealed up again. Hopefully soon. Cause from the looks of it, that place is gonna be trashed by the end of the summer.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #32 by EsseXploreR
i agree

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 5 months ago #33 by insanebuslady

LithiumBaby wrote:
Bro, seriously, your beating a dead horse.

Beating a dead horse? How so? If I see something I dont like, I'm going to say something about it. If you're referring to this site being the second result on a google search for "Overbrook hospital NJ", ( www.google.com/search?source=ig& ... o&gs_rfai= ) that is a subject that hasn't been talked about enough. We've painted a roadmap for any cop, property owner, thief, or vandal to many locations, including pictures of vandalism advertising this website and it's members, pictures of members, and discussions on access details and security habits all on a public forum. Don't you think that just maybe the influx of visitors have gotten some of their information from this site? It seems pretty likely considering, as I mentioned earlier, we are the second site to come up on a google search for overbrook or essex county jail annex.

If you're referring to my comments on the "Abandoned NJ" tags I found all over Overbrook, I don't think I'm out of line at expressing my anger. I understand it wasn't him, but of course I assumed that is was before his explanation.

Rattlehead wrote: I never said that I agree with it, I said its something that cannot be stopped completely unless you sit there 24/7 conducting your own patrols, and to claim that you'll do bodily harm to another if you catch them defacing property you have no ownership to is just neanderthal in its conception your not a police official or law enforcement invidual of any sort. The idea and point your making as far as vandals are concerned is understood and agreed with beyond that it would be wise to re-think your plan of attack on stopping it, cause your inviting the possibility of putting yourself in harms way if things don't go how you plan them too.

I DO NOT CONDONE VANDLISIM OF ANY KIND ANYWHERE ON ANYTHING

I never said I'm going to patrol looking for these people, but it's something that I clearly feel strongly about, and I'm pretty sure that there would be some kind of confrontation if I came across people defacing a building. Not that I would just jump them, but I guarantee I would be PISSED, and if they were bunch of mouth-breathing morons I would not back down. I don't think that it's "neanderthal" (as you so eloquently put it) to uphold my values.

On a lighter note I am nearing the end of an ongoing project of editing nearly 200 photos I've taken at Overbrook (out of probably 500 photos total!) over the past 3 years. I'll have those on my flickr soon and post some of them here.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #34 by EsseXploreR
ok im saying this right now not to be an ass but im just saying if you dont like the attention that this site is bringing then stop posting stuff yourself. its kinda hypocritical to be saying stuff to us about us if your involved in the same stuff

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 5 months ago #35 by insanebuslady

abandonednj wrote: ok im saying this right now not to be an ass but im just saying if you dont like the attention that this site is bringing then stop posting stuff yourself. its kinda hypocritical to be saying stuff to us about us if your involved in the same stuff

I've attached several images to illustrate the differences between how you and I operate. This is just what I could find in 5 minutes on this site. I am not involved in the same "stuff" as you implied. I never post names (with the exception of discussions such as these where the name is already being thrown around more than a used baseball), I never tag, and I don't share access details in a public place.

The problem isn't the fact that you (or any of us) are posting on this forum, it's your lack of decorum. I'm sorry if I'm sounding like a dick, I'm just saying you need to revise the information you choose to share on this forum.

Attachments:

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #36 by EsseXploreR
The spray isn't me the sharpie isn't me and google earth is a resource that everyone has. The blanked out info was within the first week i started using the forums and i wasn't aware of the etiquette. and yes, you are coming off a little strong

More
14 years 1 week ago #37 by insanebuslady
Ok I'm done after this ANJ. I don't care if it wasn't you that was spraypainting, it was people who you associate yourself with and consider themselves to be part of your "crew". That's enough for me, you obviously aren't very judicious with who you choose to divulge information with, or who you allow to be part of your wonderful UE crew. You obviously must of been proud of that tag because you were the one who took the picture. I was willing to give you a chance, but I'm pretty sure the way I feel about you now. Sometimes it pays to keep your mouth shut.

There's a reason you haven't been granted full access to the forums ya know. Think about it.

More
14 years 1 week ago #38 by EsseXploreR
ooooo that hurts a little bit. kinda. sorta. ehh not really

More
14 years 1 week ago #39 by lithiumbaby
Yo BusLady, Dude, there was no need for that. MisterPat and I were having this convo yesterday and we were thinking in due time he's in. I met ABNJ yesterday and he seems like a really cool kid. You might wanna cool off and think about what you wanna say before you post so your not sitting around with your foot in your mouth.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
14 years 1 week ago #40 by EsseXploreR
Thanks lith i apprecitae that