Essex County Jail Annex

More
15 years 3 months ago #1 by misterpat
Who is up for a trip?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #2 by demonicdreamz
not i ..metallica at the rock in newark is then

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #3 by ashley25
Replied by ashley25 on topic Essex County Jail Annex
Haha I'm over a year late but I am! Though none of you have a clue as to who I am... I'm definitely a n00b to this forum :) But have traversed the Overbrook complex 8 times over and truly live by the motto "Take only pictures, leave only footprints"... so let me start by saying it's a pleasure to meet all you wonderful URBEXers and I look forward to sharing adventures and pictures with you =)

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #4 by lithiumbaby
Replied by lithiumbaby on topic Essex County Jail Annex
Welcome aboard! I was just up that way and was thinking about making a trip of it soon.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #5 by ashley25
Why thank you, a pleasure to meet you! I would love nothing more than to explore and photograph such an incredible piece of history. I live in Bergen County, not far at all, so I'm down if you're down :)

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #6 by lithiumbaby
Replied by lithiumbaby on topic Essex County Jail Annex
Sounds good. what days are good for you? If you want we can meet up for lunch or something to get acquainted and figure out a game plan. Not that one is really needed. I'll also see if MisterPat and demonic wants to tag along.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #7 by almostgone
Replied by almostgone on topic Essex County Jail Annex
did you guys go lith

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #8 by EsseXploreR
Replied by EsseXploreR on topic Essex County Jail Annex
im going soon. Pics of a new building going up tonight!

"It's better to regret something you did, then something you didn't do"

abandonednjurbex.blogspot.com/

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #9 by ashley25
I work the usual 9-5 so anytime in the evening I'm free. When visiting Overbrook my crew and I stick to worknights just to avoid the extra heat, but if you know of good timeslots on the weekends that is kosher with me as well.

I work for Sony and a colleague recently lent me his sound recorder and video camera with night-vision so I'm itching to use that too! =)

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #10 by insanebuslady
Hey welcome to the boards. Wish I'd known you wanted to make a trip because I was in town with some friends and we did the jail and asylum yesterday and would have been more than happy to take you along. Be careful, there was some kind of fishy stuff we noticed while there, and both places are clearly getting a lot of traffic. The people we bumped into and observed at both places weren't the sharpest tools and didnt seem like the friendliest folks either. I'm worried they're finding these places on the internet by browsing sites like these unfortunately. Which is why I'm a proponent of changing the names of locations so they at least dont come up on a google search. Shit this is turning into a rant, you get the idea

Abandoned NJ:
STOP SPRAYPAINTING YOUR NAME EVERYWHERE. We do NOT condone that on this site. I've seen some small sharpie tags from other members, which I don't exactly agree with, but it's a far cry from the petty vandalism you've engaged in. Seriously, I saw how much you've been spraying in these places. not cool

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #11 by EsseXploreR
its not me its my friends who think there part of my group and think there cool trust me i fucking hate that too. ive told them to stop they just dont

and i think that was me and my friend luke who were there with the kid and this faggot. did you tell them they dont care about there lungs or to not break anything?

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #12 by rattlehead
Replied by rattlehead on topic Essex County Jail Annex
I don't like to argue anymore cause is does'nt solve anything but I'm tired of seeing people complain about stuff they have no control over, what others choose to do is there choice and if caught there sure to suffer the consequences. There is nothing that can done to stop whats been happening long before any of us were around.

Yes it's a shame to see such beautiful structures destroyed from time, elements and other destructive behavior, but unfortunately this is a reality that we all have to accept until these places are either renovated or razed.

NOTHING PERSONAL

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #13 by EsseXploreR
yeah insane to be honest your instigating mad problems. me and luke respect these sites and we dont like to se shit broken or stolen but shit happens and nobody can stop it. no amount of bitching on a forum is going to help

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #14 by rattlehead
Just so its duly noted I tried to use tact rather then profanity, seeing that my past was not exactly one to be proud of. I can say this I'm of the neutral frame of mind and everyone has the right to be heard but keeping topics in perspective is always a good plan.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #15 by EsseXploreR
i know i just dont like arrogant people trying to seem superior to others. is that better?

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #16 by insanebuslady

Rattlehead wrote: I don't like to argue anymore cause is does'nt solve anything but I'm tired of seeing people complain about stuff they have no control over, what others choose to do is there choice and if caught there sure to suffer the consequences. There is nothing that can done to stop whats been happening long before any of us were around.

Yes it's a shame to see such beautiful structures destroyed from time, elements and other destructive behavior, but unfortunately this is a reality that we all have to accept until these places are either renovated or razed.

NOTHING PERSONAL

So you think that it's okay to vandalize abandoned buildings? Not to sound like an uppity elitist, but does the expression "Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time, break nothing but wind" ring a bell here? I don't like using that expression or any of its variations, but I think that the message behind it is implicit and easy to understand. It's clear that this site supports these values, and as a contributing member, I get upset when I see other members of the site not upholding these values. I'm not trying to fight here, I was just disturbed by what I saw. And although we can't prevent the slow atrophy that these places suffer, we can do our best to slow it.

ANJ:
I'm glad it wasn't you, make it clear to these people that they need to stop and that I might give them a couple blows to the face if I catch them doing it. Nothing against you, im glad it wasn't you spraying.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #17 by EsseXploreR
oh trust me im with you on that

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #18 by ashley25
[This is NOT directed at anyone here, BTW] - In my many excursions to ECH lately, I am getting just a little disgruntled with the disrespectful, trouble-making morons hovering around Overbrook. On at least 3 occasions I've seen LARGE groups of loud, stupid high-schoolers walking blatantly down the main strip just asking for cops to roll up. Not only are these kids the antithesis of URBEX ninjas, but they're drawing a lot of heat and making the rest of us look bad. I fully support anyone's spirit of adventure and exploration so long as they A. make themselves scarce, B. maintain a complete and unwavering respect for their destination and C. adhere to your very keen motto - "Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time". Every time I go back to ECH, I see that a new window has been punched out, objects that have moved or that new tags that have been left... concurrently, I'm also noticing that once-available doors and windows are being sealed/nailed shut as each week goes by, some instances only a few days apart. I can only hope for the incredibly robust laziness and undoubted lack of funding on the part of Essex County and their piggies, as I'm sure they are getting very tired of patrolling the place,.... and once their patience runs out, the bulldozers will certainly roll in =*(****

Anyway, on to happier things! I cruised by the ECJA (OK not the jail itself, didn't get that close because there was a piggy sitting right there at entrance last night) but I am bewildered by how to get in. The birds-eye view from Bing clearly shows a fence lining the entire perimeter, many wide-open fields, exposed roads and lots of hot spots for cops to park and chill in the darkness, waiting for a toolbag like me to stroll on in LOL. The place seems to be very very vulnerable. I have to give ANYONE here who makes it in mad kudos... please bestow upon me your stealthy ninja ways!! :)

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #19 by msterscary
Replied by msterscary on topic Essex County Jail Annex
Tagging is for gangs & kids.

As for getting into the ECJA- there are always "holes" in any sort of defense that is employed. ;)

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #20 by rattlehead

abandonednj wrote: i know i just dont like arrogant people trying to seem superior to others. is that better?

Your fine bro I was'nt addressing you when I wrote that, was just explaining myself more or less.