New Developement

More
14 years 6 months ago - 5 years 2 days ago #1 by riada
New Developement was created by riada
]Drove by today and saw a sign that read "Cenrose Construction Entrance, Fairview Ave. Gate"...I guess now we'll be seeing construction equipment going up the mountain via Fairview. Wonder what precipitated this change? Could it be that condos or McMansions are going to be built right over where EMS once stood? :?:

Nor but in sleep findeth a cure for care.
Incertainty that once gave scope to dream
Of laughing enterprise and glory untold,
Is now a blackness that no stars redeem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #2 by misterpat
Replied by misterpat on topic New Developement

Riada wrote: Could it be that condos or McMansions are going to be built right over where EMS once stood? :thumbdown:

As far as I know, Maybe LTG or Hiding can clarify this, but where the main hospital was on the EMS grounds will remain a park area.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #3 by lioneltrainguy
Replied by lioneltrainguy on topic New Developement
Personally, i don't see how they are going to get their equipment up that access road.

But yes, the grounds where the EMS once stood is protected from construction.

Attachments:

More
14 years 6 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #4 by misterpat
Replied by misterpat on topic New Developement
Years ago, when they took the water towers down, they did track there machines up that access road, right? I remember seeing marks in the pavement all the way up from the excavators.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #5 by lioneltrainguy
i would think that not every machine would be able to make it up that road. there are easiier ways to get to the area to be developed than that route. maybe this area is where the new homes on fairview ave are going to be built.

check out the two maps of the hilltop...they may not be the best or clearest, but they do show about where construction should be. the sanatorium "loop" is clearly visible and not scheduled for building. the maps are not up to date and come from the Hilltop Conservancy website. they are much clearer there.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #6 by riada
Replied by riada on topic New Developement
I saw a white pick-up/work type truck come down the access road and turn onto Fairview today.

Nor but in sleep findeth a cure for care.
Incertainty that once gave scope to dream
Of laughing enterprise and glory untold,
Is now a blackness that no stars redeem.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #7 by lioneltrainguy
best advice i can offer is for someone to go up to the hilltop and look for a woman up there that answers to the name of theresa and talk to her. she has up the latest info on overbrook and the hilltop.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #8 by rattlehead
Replied by rattlehead on topic New Developement
I am heading up there today to show the future Misses Rattlehead the grounds and break her ems cherry as she has never heard of it but has shown an intrest in weird nj and so on, I'll be bringing the cameras with me and will take pics of whatever is going on up there.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #9 by rattlehead
Replied by rattlehead on topic New Developement
Well aside from the beauteous fall colors and grounds there was really nothing exciting to report. I did however take notice of a new gravel road layed out for those vehicals you may have seen up and down the hilltop/sano rd, there are pics to come just need to upload them and will do so tommorow am.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #10 by EsseXploreR
Replied by EsseXploreR on topic New Developement
No EMS stood about 30 yards from where this is being built. this is being built on what used to be a huge forest.. I don't get why they wouldn't just use the sanatorium grounds to build it and leave the woods that pisses me off.

"It's better to regret something you did, then something you didn't do"

abandonednjurbex.blogspot.com/