T.A.P.S. Goes Ghost Hunting at Overbrook Asylum

More
14 years 11 months ago #1 by 8redrum
[center:kt0xm1rj] [/center:kt0xm1rj]

T.A.P.S. Goes Ghost Hunting at Overbrook Asylum
On April 29, 2009 the popular SCI FI Channel show Ghost Hunters will be airing an episode entitled "Garden State Asylum." Here's the advance press about the program:

"Garden State Asylum, aka the Essex County Sanatorium & Hospital in Newark, New Jersey. After a century of use the, psychiatric facility and hospital was abandoned in the 1990’s, and many wonder if the spirits of forgotten patients still roam the labyrinth of underground tunnels connecting the buildings. The highest level of activity has been reported in Building 11, which simultaneously housed the morgue and the criminally insane. Witnesses have reported seeing an apparition dressed in a nurse uniform roaming the halls and have reported hearing screams, bangs and direct threats to get off the property. Sounds like there are some great thrills and chills coming your way on Ghost Hunters!"

Of course, there is no such place as the "Garden State Asylum" and never has been. The episode was actually shot at the Essex County Hospital complex in Verona/Cedar Grove. Viewers should be wary--this is by no means the first time that the Ghosthunters have "fictionalized" their supposedly "real" paranormal investigations. For more information on their credentials visit SciFake.com. This is also not the first time that Essex County has rented out the Overbrook facility to a ghost hunting TV program. In the summer of 2008 the Essex County Hospital played host to the Travel Channel show Extreme Ghost Adventures, in which a group of "ghosthunters" stalked around the abandoned hospital in search of apparitions.

A rash of trespassing arrests where made and prosecuted against curiosity seekers subsequent to the show's airing. Hopefully that will not be the case again after the premiere of the SCI FI show next Wednesday.
READERS BE WARNED: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO VISIT THIS LOCATION! THE GROUNDS OF THE FACILITY ARE OFF LIMITS AND HEAVILY PATROLLED AND TRESPASSERS WILL BE ARRESTED AND SUFFER SERIOUS FINES.
Fortunately Weird NJ was granted legal access to the hospital prior to all the current ghost busting and police busting. You can read more about what we found here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #2 by lithiumbaby
Watching it now lol

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
14 years 11 months ago #3 by lesbianella
They did refer to it as the Essex County Hospital in the episode...

More
14 years 11 months ago #4 by lithiumbaby
yes they gave the name and town of the hospital.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
14 years 11 months ago #5 by almostgone
i saw it last night what moved the camera ? maybe the escaped inmate DD was there lol

More
14 years 11 months ago #6 by momma

almostgone wrote: i saw it last night what moved the camera ? maybe the escaped inmate DD was there lol

I saw it, recorded it for my kid, lol

More
14 years 11 months ago #7 by lithiumbaby
yeah that place is creepy but i dont think it's haunted being how may time i been in there

BLAH BLAH BLAH