Weird NJ - Forsaken: Abandoned In and Around NJ

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by ashley25
Check it out gang, one of our favorite locales made it on the cover of the new Weird NJ special edition mag!

I can hardly contain myself! Happy happy, joy joy!! :mrgreen:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by misterpat
I'm not sure how I feel about that. Its cool to see it on there, but on the other side, I feel like it will also attract more people to it.

BTW, That picture of Overbrook has to be really old. Notice the copper gutters and roof vents still in place.

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by dc126
this is so dope, i need to get a copy

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by EsseXploreR
actually, the sign says Building 5, and building 5 still has all the copper on it

"It's better to regret something you did, then something you didn't do"

abandonednjurbex.blogspot.com/

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by hidinginshadows
ya it's cool. Like Pat said it will be a double edged sword.

More
13 years 4 months ago #6 by 8redrum
This is by my pay Rusty..,

More
13 years 3 months ago #7 by EsseXploreR
i got my copy. pretty cool, of course this is like one of the only thing in the mag listed by name. But whatever, its not like anyone is going to spend 10 bucks on something to find out names that they can find via google.

More
13 years 3 months ago #8 by 8redrum
Im in it too! Did you see me?

More
13 years 3 months ago #9 by EsseXploreR
yes i did haha

More
13 years 3 months ago #10 by insanebuslady
Sweeet so even more destructive out-of-staters can come smash stuff. I'd still be interested in reading the article though

More
13 years 3 months ago #11 by EsseXploreR
nothing you cant read in his blog

More
13 years 3 months ago #12 by 8redrum

insanebuslady wrote: Sweeet so even more destructive out-of-staters can come smash stuff. I'd still be interested in reading the article though

More like locals with nothing else better to do. 99% of the time that who does it!

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #13 by insanebuslady

8redrum wrote:

insanebuslady wrote: Sweeet so even more destructive out-of-staters can come smash stuff. I'd still be interested in reading the article though

More like locals with nothing else better to do. 99% of the time that who does it!

Sadly that's true. I do remember a rash of wannabe ghost-hunter arrests after the TAPS people were there, though. Anyway widespread publicity will pull people from far away. I think it's important to make the distinction that so far most of the damage is from locals..

Not bashing the dudes article, everyone's gotta make a dollar and thats a pretty sweet way to do so. Just a different mindset I guess

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #14 by EsseXploreR
only thing i really dont understand is, for the $10 cover price he is lucky to make half of that after expenses, and every different location in there is like a $500 fine. What we do is illegal, trying to sell it is stupid. Not only is it stupid tring to sell it, putting his picture and name all over the place is self incriminating.

More
13 years 3 months ago #15 by 8redrum

abandonednj wrote: only thing i really dont understand is, for the $10 cover price he is lucky to make half of that after expenses, and every different location in there is like a $500 fine. What we do is illegal, trying to sell it is stupid. Not only is it stupid tring to sell it, putting his picture and name all over the place is self incriminating.

He is a photographer for Weird NJ, So that's Weird NJ problem on the expenses, since i'st put out by them. I'm sure he is getting some kind of cut but who knows.

The the other part you stated,
It's kinda like the abandoned but not forgotten dude, when they tried to arrest him for trespassing on all the sites he had posted on his website. Nothing gonna happen. If your caught in person that a different story. Shit how long has Weird NJ been doing this and nothing has ever happened to them.

More
13 years 3 months ago #16 by EsseXploreR

He is a photographer for Weird NJ, So that's Weird NJ problem on the expenses, since i'st put out by them. I'm sure he is getting some kind of cut but who knows.

The the other part you stated,
It's kinda like the abandoned but not forgotten dude, when they tried to arrest him for trespassing on all the sites he had posted on his website. Nothing gonna happen. If your caught in person that a different story. Shit how long has Weird NJ been doing this and nothing has ever happened to them.

true. i have nothing against him, i love his work. everytime i go on youtube i check his stuff out

More
13 years 3 months ago #17 by misterpat

8redrum wrote: It's kinda like the abandoned but not forgotten dude.

Off topic, but talk about a website going down the drain..