Overbrook 9/30/10

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1 by EsseXploreR

"It's better to regret something you did, then something you didn't do"

abandonednjurbex.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by ashley25
Replied by ashley25 on topic Overbrook 9/30/10
Have I mentioned that I love Overbrook? No? Not loudy enough? Well shiiieeeeeet.

<3 <3 <3 :D <3 <3 <3

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by EsseXploreR
Replied by EsseXploreR on topic Overbrook 9/30/10
haha im going to miss it when its gone. There Should be a page dedicated to the final years of the hospital, like what mountainsanatorium.net

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by misterpat
Replied by misterpat on topic Overbrook 9/30/10

abandonednj wrote: haha im going to miss it when its gone. There Should be a page dedicated to the final years of the hospital, like what mountainsanatorium.net

great idea! lets figure something out.

More
13 years 7 months ago #5 by lithiumbaby
Replied by lithiumbaby on topic Overbrook 9/30/10
Me too. Me and Overbrook go way back. To kill boredom, we used to hang on the grounds of Overbrook and talk to the patients and some of them were actually "normal" people who had no where else to go. I remember talking to this one older lady who was an aids patient. She was really nice and we struck up a real good conversation.

I also remember remember passing by a bunch of people in the criminally insane building (the building with the morgue). those guys were a trip. They would always threaten to kill our mothers unless we gave them a cigarette. they never bothered me much cause I never showed them fear and gave them that power but I could see my other friends' faces turn white!

We would also light fireworks off in that big field at night and spy in the main building and hear lots of commotion.

Ahhh overbrook! You may be going away but my memories will remain.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
13 years 7 months ago #6 by ashley25
Replied by ashley25 on topic Overbrook 9/30/10
Wow, that's really cool! I know it was still in operation until around 2007. When was this that you were interacting with patients? Also, do you know which buildings were still in use until recent, and which were abandoned earlier on? I just LOVE learning about the history of ECH :)

More
13 years 7 months ago #7 by EsseXploreR
Replied by EsseXploreR on topic Overbrook 9/30/10

Ashley25 wrote: Wow, that's really cool! I know it was still in operation until around 2007. When was this that you were interacting with patients? Also, do you know which buildings were still in use until recent, and which were abandoned earlier on? I just LOVE learning about the history of ECH :)

most of the fairview avenue buildings were abandoned long ago, but most of the older 's are gone. The PEER building, the administration building, The power plant/ laundry area , Kitchen annd buildings 2 3 4 and 5 were the only operational untill '07 (correct me if im wrong anyone) and building 1 was emptied in the early 2000's i believe