Hopefully I'll have more pics for everyone.....

More
14 years 8 months ago #1 by kd_
I'm hoping to head out west this weekend for a several days to British Columbia and spend some time in the mountains with an old friend of mine. Around the area there are towns that were left to the ghosts after the silver markets crashed just after the turn of the 20th century. Near there, is also an area that was once rich in coal, and there are abandonded coal mine, towns and coke ovens. So now all I have to do is convince my friend that he's wanting to spend some of our time looking for ruins... hehehe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2 by misterpat
Hey KD,

Pics of ruins are great. Demonic and I went to a site around us, Long Pond Iron Works, and it was very interesting. Hope Ya get some interesting pics!

More
14 years 8 months ago #3 by kd_
I may have to promise things or else have a lot of beer money to convince him to join me! So here's hoping that they'll be interesting places to visit!

More
14 years 7 months ago #4 by almostgone

More
14 years 7 months ago #5 by kd_
I'm sorry to say that I wasn't able to make it to any of the abandonded/ghost towns. I was really really wanting to but unfortunately I wasn't able to find much time, and I didn't really have a vehicle that can go off-roading. Although I did try but a 300 is just not an off-roading kind of car - gets hung up too easily because it sits low to the ground!! But man did I put it through it's paces on some really bad logging roads - I think I might have to replace the front tire rod ends now - at least it's covered by warrenty!!

More
14 years 1 month ago #6 by insanebuslady

Kd_ wrote: I think I might have to replace the front tire rod ends now - at least it's covered by warrenty!!

You mean "tie-rod"?