Introduce yourselves!

More
14 years 8 months ago #1 by lithiumbaby
I am starting this thread cause I see many new members. So I am leaving this thread open so people can introduce themselves.

Feel free to ask questions about new members that post. If you guys would like to know more about me just ask.

I'll start with this little into about me:

Hi, my real name is cristina. I grew up in Cedar Grove and would always explore the grounds of overbrook. I have three cats and 6 ferrets.

if you would like to know more just ask. :wave:

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2 by almostgone
Replied by almostgone on topic Introduce yourselves!
good idea lith. So you need to tell everyone that you are in rollerderby

More
14 years 8 months ago #3 by lithiumbaby
Replied by lithiumbaby on topic Introduce yourselves!
I am taking a hiatus in roller derby for now. The sport is too expensive for me right now, and I dont feel like getting hurt before my wedding

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
14 years 8 months ago #4 by almostgone
Replied by almostgone on topic Introduce yourselves!
good idea dont get hurt i did on sunday really messed my shoulder up i wrecked my dirt bike in the woods.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #5 by 8redrum
Replied by 8redrum on topic Introduce yourselves!
My name is Johnnie Walker (it's true) I live in Orange County N.Y. Chester Hide and Skin was in my back yard until they knocked it down to make a Lowes. I have been into Photography for 17 years. It all started in High School Shooting B&W Film. I have a portfolio of my early work.
In 2004 a co worker of mine showed me his web site on abandoned places and that's when I got in UE & in 2007 I started my own site Called www.AbandonedNY.com

More
14 years 8 months ago #6 by lithiumbaby
Nice name 8ReDRuM! I wish I had a cool name like that. When i get married my last name will be Mirabella, which means beautiful look in Italian. So I guess thats kinda cool.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
14 years 8 months ago #7 by rattlehead
Replied by rattlehead on topic Introduce yourselves!
Hi all I'm Steve, most here know me as the numbnut that caused a ton of drama on another really good site called essex mountain sanatorium, but I'm here to put the past behind me and start fresh.

I have to credit my getting into urb-ex from a good buddy of mine known to the community by the name of Scarecrow, he took me to my first hospital Haverford State and from there the interest grew. I've been to Byberry prior to Demo and then shortly after the Demo began, the property was vast lush and erie as hell to say the least but I can say I never became tired of visiting it.

My current place of residence is Barnegat Twp, I'm preparing to move into my new apartment the end of this month and cannot wait, it's an accomplishment and a sure step in the right direction toward the purchase of home in the years to come.

I hope you all enjoy the pictures I produce and if at anytime you feel the need to express your opinions please do, any and all constructive advice is much appreciated specially from those of you who have been in the photography game much longer then myself.

More
14 years 8 months ago #8 by msterscary
Replied by msterscary on topic Introduce yourselves!
Hi everybody ( HI DR. NICK). I'm Bryan. I am one of the more warped individuals you will meet in your life. I have a wit as sharp as a dull knife and a temper as short as Emmanuel Lewis. Those of you who have met me know this all to be not true. Or perhaps it is.
Regardless, my hobbies include incessant babbling & things of that sort, the decomposition and recomposition of electronic bits of data, various forms of sonic demodulation, as well as the often overlooked & misunderstood of firing high velocity projectiles of a vulcanized rubber nature at a static target being protected by a three dimensional linear form on a surface of H2O which is in a near constant state of molecular equalibrium.
Oh yes and I tend to wind up getting sent into areas before everyone else on "excursions."

• Anonymous
14 years 8 months ago #9 by Anonymous
Replied by Anonymous on topic Introduce yourselves!
Hey everyone my name is john. I'm considered "creepy". I played ice hockey most of my life, and now i fish. I got fat after i stopped playing hockey. Also i'm addicted to video games.....

More
14 years 8 months ago #10 by misterpat
Replied by misterpat on topic Introduce yourselves!
My name is Pat. Been exploring shit since I was 14 or so. I started at the former Essex Mountain Sanatorium. I friend of mine showed me the place. I was blown away by its size. Since that day, I took my friends up there and the word spread. Next thing I know I was 16 and bringing a shit load of people up there to party. Our favorite spot was the auditorium. Top left side of the stage. Anyone that ever been there would know where I'm talking about. I can't count the number of nights I have spent up there. I do know several of them I had to walk home drunken friends home while the sun was coming up. We used to park in the Verona High School parking lot and hike up the old ropes course. Swing off some of the ropes and come up the garages behind the power house.

I got older and got away from UE for awhile. That was a big mistake. I missed the death of our friend. I went back up after it was gone and still played in the laundry building and power house. But that wasn't like what was there before.

I'm now much older and still explore. Not as much as I would like to, but do so every chance I get.

I grew up in Verona, so Overbrook was something in our daily lives. To us, it was known as the looney bin. I remember a bunch of patients yelling shit to us as we were leaving the pool. If any of my old friends find this thread, remember the railroad bridge incident? During high school, sometimes they would make the entire school stay late because a really sick patient escaped. I know my sister used to party a lot in Overbrook in the gazebo. I actually delivered freight to the building behind Turning Point. I swear the guy receiving the shipment was a patient also.

So, after growing up around such a massive hospital that was in our backyards, now abandoned, You can see my great interest to see every inch of the inside. And what I seen so far, I could only imagine some of the freaky shit that went on in there.

So there ya have it.

More
14 years 7 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #11 by Vacant NJ
Replied by Vacant NJ on topic Introduce yourselves!
My name is Justin and I live in Northern New Jersey. I like to explore and photograph abandoned buildings for fun. I also maintain my website www.VacantNewJersey.com which I update monthly with a new location.

More
14 years 7 months ago #12 by demonicdreamz
Replied by demonicdreamz on topic Introduce yourselves!
Welcome aboard ! hope you enjoy your residency here (some patients are nice,while others are medicated heavily for your amusement))

More
14 years 4 months ago #13 by misterpat
Pinned for the new members to contribute.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14 by captainspunk17
Hey! I'm new here. My name's Caity and I live in Parsippany NJ, born and raised. I've always had an interest in Greystone, since it's practically in my backyard. This interest only grew as I got older and spread to other abandoned places and hospitals like Essex County in Cedar Grove and Danvers State, although it's gone now. I'm now in college for nursing and volunteer on Parsippanys ambulance squad.

More
14 years 3 months ago #15 by misterpat

captainspunk17 wrote: Hey! I'm new here. My name's Caity and I live in Parsippany NJ, born and raised. I've always had an interest in Greystone, since it's practically in my backyard. This interest only grew as I got older and spread to other abandoned places and hospitals like Essex County in Cedar Grove and Danvers State, although it's gone now. I'm now in college for nursing and volunteer on Parsippanys ambulance squad.

Welcome aboard Caity! Greystone is an extremely interesting place. I hope You enjoy Your stay here.

More
14 years 3 months ago #16 by phase1
Replied by phase1 on topic Introduce yourselves!
Welcome Caity!

More
14 years 1 month ago #17 by frostbitten
Replied by frostbitten on topic Introduce yourselves!
Hello,

I've been a chronic lurker about these forums for a while now... and I love the community involved here, great site, and extremely informative. I finally decided to join because I'd like to interact with others sharing similar interests. I live in Pennsylvania and there is a decent amount here... but my favorite place is currently inaccessible due to its conversion into a haunted attraction (curses!)...

Anyway, hope to get to know some of you, and maybe we've already met at Overbrook...? Who knows!

More
14 years 1 month ago #18 by 8redrum
Replied by 8redrum on topic Introduce yourselves!

frostbitten wrote: Hello,

I've been a chronic lurker about these forums for a while now... and I love the community involved here, great site, and extremely informative. I finally decided to join because I'd like to interact with others sharing similar interests. I live in Pennsylvania and there is a decent amount here... but my favorite place is currently inaccessible due to its conversion into a haunted attraction (curses!)...

Anyway, hope to get to know some of you, and maybe we've already met at Overbrook...? Who knows!

Welcome!!!!

More
14 years 1 month ago #19 by misterpat

frostbitten wrote: Hello,

welcome aboard!

Met at Overbrook? Did You get any names of anyone You ran into? :thumbup:

More
14 years 1 month ago #20 by lithiumbaby
Hi and welcome! I could use a cellie! Lights out at 10:30 and remember to protect your food!

BLAH BLAH BLAH