Finally back to normal

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #1 by misterpat
Well that sucked! Got hit pretty good here with that storm. Got about 7 inches of rain. And the wind was pretty brutal. On Sunday morning at 5:10am I heard a huge snap and then it was lights out. Had to switch over to generators to power the sumps and some important items like refrigerators and cell phone chargers. Power ended up being off for 4 days total. Every dinner we had was a group effort from everyone on the block bringing over stuff to grill. The lake ended up coming up about 2 feet. Still plenty far from my house, but had to constantly pump out my back patio and monitor the sump pumps keeping ready to swap one out quick in the event of a failure.

But I'm back and nothing got damaged except for some carpet in the computer room when a generator went into overload and we didn't know.

How did everyone else make out? Got any good pics of some local flooding/damage?

Neighbors truck with large tree on it. This was the one that took the power.

Neighbors dock almost completely underwater. Barrels are full of water for weight. Otherwise the dock will float away.

My dock almost ready to float.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #2 by Vacant NJ
Replied by Vacant NJ on topic Finally back to normal
Glad to hear you made it out alive and with minimal property damage!

Here are a few shots from my neck of the woods.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3 by EsseXploreR
Replied by EsseXploreR on topic Finally back to normal
I have no pictures, but i did see a picture of the wllowbrook mall completely surrounded by water. I live up on a hill so we rarely get flooded. We always lose power, but for some reason it didnt go out. One of my neigbors had a tree fall on her house though.

"It's better to regret something you did, then something you didn't do"

abandonednjurbex.blogspot.com/

More
12 years 6 months ago #4 by shadowbat
Replied by shadowbat on topic Finally back to normal
^

I frequented this mall a lot growing up (on Sundays when the Paramus malls were closed)still do when I come up to see my folks for Xmas. Looks like NOLA right after Katrina....

I'm still in awe after seeing pictures of the area, never thought it was that bad until I saw Paterson under water, I 287 taken out by erosion, town after town looking like Springfield after Homer floods it for "art"

I'm not even getting to Upstate NY and Vermont, Never thought they had to fear hurricanes all the way out there....

More
12 years 6 months ago #5 by riada
Replied by riada on topic Finally back to normal
At my place of business...

Nor but in sleep findeth a cure for care.
Incertainty that once gave scope to dream
Of laughing enterprise and glory untold,
Is now a blackness that no stars redeem.

More
12 years 6 months ago #6 by misterpat
Replied by misterpat on topic Finally back to normal
Sorry I haven't been around lately. All the rain we had after the hurricane flooded us again. Now work has been super busy as we start cleaning up Wayne.