An unsightly singer.

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by Vacant NJ
Drops of water cut through sun rays casting down across the lush green forest floor. As if caught within a summer sun shower I watched the droplets as they appeared to nearly pause mid-air, briefly glistening before plummeting into the fern carpet. Moss bloated with life soaked up the excess moisture, forming a suction beneath my shoes as I placed my weight to walk over. Like ringing a saturated sponge the water oozed out with each step, leaving behind a water filled footprint mold. Only so briefly did my flooded footprints remain, as the resilient moss greedily soaked up the tiny pools, quickly recoiling back up into a swollen mass of green.

Climbing up to the top of a high-dive board, standing just along the edge, I was able to overlook the flourishing forest. Every seam and crack within the indoor pool room was host to some type of thriving plant form. The entire scene looked of a botany project gone haywire. Fern fronds extended up between faded orange and white plastic weaves in a pair of reclining chairs situated about the edge of the pool. The deep end stagnant with a stew of dark murky water was tinted with just a hint of green, the color bleeding down into the water from the mold stained cement retaining walls.

A couple of lounge chairs half sunk with the deep end slurry served as an artificial reef, providing a breeding pond for which mosquito larvae to play. The chairs if fished out could be passed as brand new; the plastic build proving resistant to years of decay remained as a hideous reminder of 1970's decor. The entire room was like some type of greenhouse time capsule warp-zone. Plentiful plant life blooming amongst a 1970's backdrop; perhaps the chance result of nature and design decaying in tandem or maybe some type of mad science experiment gone completely right.

A.

B.

C.

D.

E.

F.

G.

H.

I.

J.

K.

L.

M.

N.

O.

P.

Q.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EsseXploreR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by misterpat
Replied by misterpat on topic An unsightly singer.
Cool shit! I'm digging d&e.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.