Bethlehem Steel

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #1 by misterpat
Bethlehem Steel was created by misterpat
Upon arriving at this location we were immediately overcome by the sheer size of the complex. We then parked and made our way toward our entry point. Immediately our cameras were out and tripods set up. This place is simply incredible for pictures.

At first we were presented with these train cars used to move around the ore and slag from the furnaces.

After this we made our way into an open field area with a depressed circular area which I am not sure what was used for.

After here, we made our way into the furnaces. Along the way we had to make our way through all kinds of valves and enormous pipes.

There are four furnaces in this complex. Each on is generally the same as the other in terms of looks.

Control room for machines operating in what looks to be the slag run off area.

After checking out the furnaces we made our way up. During the day, You can only go so high as there is a great danger in being spotted as this places is patrolled regularly through the day, 7 days a week.

After this we made our way around the structures and found lots of power panels and smaller control rooms.

A water pumping building.

After now being there for awhile and feeling more comfortable, we made our way a little higher up to get some more pictures.

After being there for several hours, I noticed people walking along the area with the depressed bowl in the ground. I found my fellow explorer and we determined they were also explores. After going down several catwalks, stairways and ramps, we finally met up with them. Turns out they are regular explorers there and warned us how the security works there. After talking with them, we decided we seen enough and not to push our luck. Made our way to our entrance, headed out and walked back to our car, looking back at what we just concord. Simply an amazing day.
Full album HERE
(Lots of pictures)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by Vacant NJ
Replied by Vacant NJ on topic Bethlehem Steel
Nice set, really dig photo eighteen, the pictures of the slag rail cars are awesome as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.