Locations worth checking out w/out hassle ( no police )

More
14 years 5 months ago #1 by chottomatte
Hey there folks,

Im really excited to check out New Jersey's historical areas but from what i can tell so far --- alot of problems with law enforcement ( hmmm we dont see to have that much trouble down here in Toronto ) but does anyone know of any good easy places to check out without the hassles of police officers and such ? I would really like to see at least one place during my visit ( im only there for a weekend and would really like to a site or 2 to take photos at without getting pwned.. i understand that pinpointing the exactl location is not something the community does but perhaps just and idea what to check out and ill do the researching online myself

:thumbup: :|

Chottomatte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #2 by msterscary
If you stick to public land you should be safe. Don't trespass onto private property, that's always the safest best.

More
14 years 5 months ago #3 by chottomatte
Public land as in ? I have no idea whats good in NJ

Thanks tho dude !

More
14 years 5 months ago #4 by misterpat
The Viaduct is a good start. From there I would head up old mine road and check out the historical places along that road. Both sites are well documented with pictures on this site.

More
14 years 5 months ago #5 by demonicdreamz
When and where are you staying while visiting NJ ? Depending on when and where maybe we could set up a imprompt tour of some places with some of the members here. :thumbup:

More
14 years 5 months ago #6 by insanebuslady
Check out the Jail. I've never had any problems there although I've heard recently they've begun patrols. Just be sure to be sneaky like and hike in instead of driving right up

More
14 years 5 months ago #7 by chottomatte
demonicdreamz - im heading down to NJ from November 27-30... im just not sure what day to check it out ^__^ but COOOL !! that would sofa king awesome to meet members from here and go on an adventure sure ! =)

More
14 years 5 months ago #8 by chottomatte
Whats better ... check out the jail THEN work my way up to the sanitorium ( hike ) then end off @ overbrook ? or the other way around ?

More
14 years 5 months ago #9 by misterpat
I may be able to make it down there if You guys set a date.

The jail and OB are too big to cover in 1 day, IMO.

Set a date, I will try and make it.

I'm up for the jail, being I haven't been there in awhile. :thumbup:

More
14 years 5 months ago #10 by insanebuslady
I'm in the area once again, probably for a while, and I wouldn't mind doing a meet and greet with you guys, considering how much correspondence we've had over this forum and elsewhere. Let me know if I'm welcome and I'll try to make it

More
14 years 5 months ago #11 by misterpat

insanebuslady wrote: I'm in the area once again, probably for a while, and I wouldn't mind doing a meet and greet with you guys, considering how much correspondence we've had over this forum and elsewhere. Let me know if I'm welcome and I'll try to make it

Yes, that sounds good. Your more than welcome to join us!

This sounds like the makings of a trip.... :clap:

More
14 years 5 months ago #12 by msterscary
What are people doing this weekend? Preferably Saturday, since I have to drive to AC on Sunday for a conference for work on Monday & Tuesday. :roll:

More
14 years 5 months ago #13 by misterpat

msterscary wrote: What are people doing this weekend? Preferably Saturday, since I have to drive to AC on Sunday for a conference for work on Monday & Tuesday. :roll:

Let me ask the wife, but this weekend, Saturday, should be ok for me.

More
14 years 5 months ago #14 by chottomatte
any chance you guys are free on FRIDAY ??? >_< ... i can only make it that day im afraid ...

• Anonymous
14 years 5 months ago #15 by Anonymous
Just goto sewards mansion at turkeybrook park in budd lake NJ. Its like 3 blocks away. Demonic and lithium baby loved the site.

More
14 years 5 months ago #16 by chottomatte

raxor wrote: Just goto sewards mansion at turkeybrook park in budd lake NJ. Its like 3 blocks away. Demonic and lithium baby loved the site.

can you even get inside ? it looks boarded up

More
14 years 5 months ago #17 by misterpat

chottomatte wrote:
can you even get inside ? it looks boarded up

Forget that place. I will send You a PM.

More
14 years 5 months ago #18 by demonicdreamz
Friday and Saturday are out for me,6 shows ,2 days.... Sunday im T'ding a theatre gig til about 1pm then im open til 8pm that night for a load out at the arena.So i have a 7 hr window. Lemme know if thats ok.

More
14 years 4 months ago #19 by insanebuslady

demonicdreamz wrote: Friday and Saturday are out for me,6 shows ,2 days.... Sunday im T'ding a theatre gig til about 1pm then im open til 8pm that night for a load out at the arena.So i have a 7 hr window. Lemme know if thats ok.

Do you work in theatre Demonicdreamz?

More
14 years 4 months ago #20 by demonicdreamz
i am a union stagehand, lot of my work is in live concert production, some movie and Tv work also