2013 was a fun year

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #1 by EsseXploreR
2013 was a blast. Though it got off to a slow start, with me being away at school, it picked up with my decision to drop out and work full time. I have gotten to see firsthand some of the coolest things I've ever seen pictures of. I got into a bunch of places I figured I would never get the chance to go to. So all in all, 2013 was probably my best year for exploring to date.

After returning home from school on winter break, I got arrested for drug possession. This led me to be more nervous and sketched out with exploring. So for the most part I just stuck to some local favorites.

1. I made a number of trips here in January.
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Shortly after leaving this other hospital, we were approached by a cop and I was almost arrested again.

File Attachment:

So then it was back to Overbrook.
File Attachment:

Then I found this cool structure in one of my friends photographs. I had a present to redeem in the area so I stopped by.
File Attachment:

Then I didn't get out again until St. Patrick's Day.
File Attachment:

After a few days I got shipped back up to Vermont. I didn't foresee any exploring, but then in April my (now) girlfriend drove like 5 hours to pick me up then we went to some cool shit in upstate NY.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

On the way back, we stopped by this church that I passed every time I went to and from school.
File Attachment:

I eventually decided school wasn't the place for me. Ironically, since I wasn't going to be coming back, I had to try to get into an abandoned school in town.
File Attachment:

In May I was back in Newark exploring, on my way to Philly for the first time.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

We also explored some houses, trains, and a hospital in south Jersey.

File Attachment:

Despite almost getting arrested at this location previously, I had to go back one more time for the prison.

File Attachment:

19. Then we made a trip over to this Kirkbride, which is on the chopping block.
File Attachment:

I pass this church every day. I had tried to get inside a few times already, with no luck. I was dying to know what the inside looked like. Eventually we found a great way in. Unfortunately, the alarms still worked. Once again we narrowly escaped arrest.
File Attachment:

Then it was back to Philly for round 2. This place has been on my bucket list forever.

File Attachment:

The next weekend we headed back up my way for some fun in a local city.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

After seeing the first power plant in this set, I was eager to head into this one.
File Attachment:

Then I got word an explorer from Idaho was coming to town and wanted to explore some of the cool stuff in my area.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

After taking some time to calm our nerves on the roof of an abandoned elementary school, we did some real exploring high above and underneath a nearby city.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

After a late night meet up with a friend in the hood, we got into this theater as well.
File Attachment:

This school for girls has kept me interested for a while as well. It was nice to see it in person, though it is pretty beat up.
File Attachment:

In august, we took a trip down to Maryland for some cool spots down there.
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

And then the next weekend we made another trip to the Kirkbride from eariler.
File Attachment:

As well as a masonic lodge and a hospital in a neighboring state.
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

38. Finally got around to Letchworth.
File Attachment:

39. And another local hospital
File Attachment:

40. And as it seems, I ended the year at a school I have been drooling over since it closed.
File Attachment:

I had a lot of fun this year. I got to meet a bunch of cool people and see some really cool shit. Thanks to everyone who made it possible.

"It's better to regret something you did, then something you didn't do"

abandonednjurbex.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.