Why the jail needs to be sealed back up again

More
14 years 1 week ago #21 by rattlehead
I did a little snooping around found out that the company Nacirema who did the demo last year has now officially closed up there demolition division, so that might also help stall the process that is if they were re-contracted to continue the next phase.

Food for thought!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 days ago #22 by EsseXploreR
Yeah the guys name is churchio they are going bankrupt. they bought too much equipment when the economy was good and now there paying for it.

I feel bad, i know hes the one demoing it, but hes still a nice guy

"It's better to regret something you did, then something you didn't do"

abandonednjurbex.blogspot.com/

More
14 years 6 days ago #23 by insanebuslady
Looks like they're still tearing the lead roof off of the concrete cell block in prep for demo though. I hope it doesn't come down this summer and that whatever Historical Preservation Society that has just sat by idly while all this happens gets off their duffs and saves this 149 y/o building. Petition?

More
14 years 6 days ago #24 by frostbitten
I haven't been to this location but any portrayal of such needless destruction truly sickens me. This is why parents need to control their teenagers and know what they are doing at every possible moment. All humans that prove themselves to be incapable of higher intelligence should be forced to wear tracking devices and disciplined accordingly until they understand simple life concepts. It's some type of pathetic 'social' event for many of these fools. I remember the many nights I spent at Pennhurst hiding because the teenage debris that infected the place decided it would be a good idea to throw air conditioners off the roof. We had to leave so many times because the cops showed up thanks to their idiotic antics. The most amusing part about that is many of the morons I witnessed carrying out destruction are all for the 'preservation' of Pennhurst now...

Sheeple need to be slaughtered!

Apologies for going off track!

More
14 years 6 days ago #25 by EsseXploreR

insanebuslady wrote: Looks like they're still tearing the lead roof off of the concrete cell block in prep for demo though. I hope it doesn't come down this summer and that whatever Historical Preservation Society that has just sat by idly while all this happens gets off their duffs and saves this 149 y/o building. Petition?

actually the concrete building is an addition. Im like 99% sure that the brown building is the one built in 1873

More
14 years 6 days ago #26 by rattlehead
I made a mistake posting that here when it was the Hospital Center I was refering too on that earlier post about NACIREMA, I re-posted it under ESSEX COUNTY HOSPITAL CENTER thread, but to add to this topic it was Brandenburg Industrial Services who was originally doing the demo at the jail back when the other section were destroyed. The idea that such destruction needs to occur can be understood but only when direstraits have been reached, for instance Fires, Weather related disasters and obsolete conditions.

More
14 years 6 days ago #27 by EsseXploreR
happens to the best of us :wave:

More
14 years 6 days ago #28 by insanebuslady

abandonednj wrote: actually the concrete building is an addition. Im like 99% sure that the brown building is the one built in 1873

Yea thats the one was referring too, I can see how my wording was confusing.. and I thought it was built in 1862 but I could be wrong about that. Either way, it's a travesty. I haven't seen any demo prep on the brownstone building thankfully, my point was more that it looks like the demolition prep is proceeding. I think it's been a couple weeks since any works been done there so hopefully it's been stalled.

@ Frostbitten
I agree with you, I think these people should be sterilized so they can't produce more idiot offspring. I bet that their parents are idiots too

More
14 years 6 days ago #29 by EsseXploreR
yeah its 1873. ive heard 1862 as well but the source i asked is reliable and ive read 1873 in many different sources

More
14 years 6 days ago #30 by rattlehead

insanebuslady wrote:
Yea thats the one was referring too, I can see how my wording was confusing.. and I thought it was built in 1862 but I could be wrong about that. Either way, it's a travesty. I haven't seen any demo prep on the brownstone building thankfully, my point was more that it looks like the demolition prep is proceeding. I think it's been a couple weeks since any works been done there so hopefully it's been stalled.

@ Frostbitten
I agree with you, I think these people should be sterilized so they can't produce more idiot offspring. I bet that their parents are idiots too

LMAO

datacore.sciflicks.com/back_to_t ... _idiot.wav

More
14 years 6 days ago #31 by EsseXploreR

frostbitten wrote: I haven't been to this location but any portrayal of such needless destruction truly sickens me. This is why parents need to control their teenagers and know what they are doing at every possible moment. All humans that prove themselves to be incapable of higher intelligence should be forced to wear tracking devices and disciplined accordingly until they understand simple life concepts. It's some type of pathetic 'social' event for many of these fools. I remember the many nights I spent at Pennhurst hiding because the teenage debris that infected the place decided it would be a good idea to throw air conditioners off the roof. We had to leave so many times because the cops showed up thanks to their idiotic antics. The most amusing part about that is many of the morons I witnessed carrying out destruction are all for the 'preservation' of Pennhurst now...

Sheeple need to be slaughtered!

Apologies for going off track!

Hey not all teenagers are bad :evil: :lol:

More
14 years 5 days ago #32 by frostbitten
=)

You're right, apologies for generalizing. InsaneBusLady phrased it well; stupidity spans across many generations! I just see more pre-teens and teenagers throwing rocks and painting phallus's over walls than any other age group. I know I wasn't like that as a teenager and many of you weren't/aren't. I also hate when people try to validate their pitiful behavior by saying 'it's just going to get demolished anyway...' I wonder if they EVEN realize that vandalism ONLY prompts the owners to go through with demo sooner. No of course not... because that would require a brain.

Sigh, that's why I enjoy the rural places most. I love watching nature melding with human design... and the graffiti/broken objects are the disgusting reminder of what most of humanity feels they can do without the supervision of authority. It's rather depressing.

More
14 years 5 days ago #33 by ashley25
Very aptly put, frostbitten, especially the last part. I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to finally visit ECJA last night and immediately upon arrival I saw two teenage morons running around on the roof, flashlights ablazing, being loud as all hell. We could both hear and see them in the full moonlight from a quarter-mile away. Thankfully they left as we arrived.

I saw what your pictures described ANJ, and it's pretty atrocious. These douchefucks not only dumped dozens of crates and boxes of paperwork all around the perimeter of the buildings, but they also must have recently dumped buckets of paint all over one of the courtyards; the place reeks and will probably sicken any animals that hang around. Other than the bullshit antics of a bunch of bored, vapid dickheads, the place seems to be in pretty good condition. We sat on the ground floor in one of the jailblocks with my night-vision camcorder and got a shit-ton of noises after we started asking questions to no one in particular, especially one loud boom out of nowhere in the jailblock on the other side of the building. We also heard footsteps on metal above us at one point, and while walking I saw a milky white light go by at the far end of the jailblock - I thought it had been a reflection of my friend's flashlight until I realized his flashlight was infrared. That was kinda cool. :twisted:

Once I get my hands on a free copy of Vegas 8, I'll start posting some vid clips

More
14 years 5 days ago #34 by EsseXploreR
NIce! see what i mean about the cops?

More
14 years 5 days ago #35 by lithiumbaby

abandonednj wrote: NIce! see what i mean about the cops?

cops? what cops?

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
14 years 5 days ago - 13 years 5 months ago #36 by insanebuslady

Rattlehead wrote:
LMAO

datacore.sciflicks.com/back_to_t ... _idiot.wav

Haha, YES, good catch

@ Frostbitten
Stupidity does span generations. It just bets disguised better as they get older. At also gets scarier as they develop some income and influence.

More
14 years 5 days ago #37 by insanebuslady

insanebuslady wrote:
Haha, YES, good catch

@ Frostbitten
Stupidity does span generations. It just gets disguised better as they get older. It also gets scarier as they develop some income and influence.

Edit: Typooos

EditEdit: Fuck I'm retarded, I hit quote rather than edit

More
14 years 5 days ago #38 by ashley25
Pictures from last night: overbrookhospital.net/modules.ph ... emId=49288 :twisted:

More
14 years 5 days ago #39 by misterpat

Ashley25 wrote: Pictures from last night: overbrookhospital.net/modules.ph ... emId=49288 :twisted:

A lot of good shots in there. Nice job! :thumbup: :wave:

More
14 years 5 days ago #40 by EsseXploreR

LithiumBaby wrote:
cops? what cops?

the fact that there are none