Essex County Penitentiary Meeting

More
12 years 7 months ago #1 by Vacant NJ
I found this message in my inbox this morning.

The Verona Historical Society welcomes you to join us on a guided tour (in photos) of the Historic and Intriguing Essex County Penitentiary built on the North Caldwell/Verona border in 1873. Learn about the mysteries and legends associated with the buildings and property including the story of the pre-revolutionary muskets hidden on the site in the 1740s and the stories of Verona's White Rock. Numerous items salvaged from the buildings will be on display and prisoners will speak once again thru the tell-tale signs they left behind for us to find. The disturbing image of the hooded spirit will also be displayed and stories of the buildings ghostly residents will be detailed to prepare you for the Halloween spirit.

Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday Sept. 6th at the Verona Community Center at 7:30pm. Noted photographers Trix Rosen and Leslie Granda-Hill will have their world-class photos on display and detail their interactions with the historic buildings which were recently demolished.

You will not want to miss this event--everyone is promised to leave with something to remember this important landmark and fully understand the contribution it made to our history.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by EsseXploreR
Im working that. you all should come, there is going to be alot of cool presentations.

"It's better to regret something you did, then something you didn't do"

abandonednjurbex.blogspot.com/

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by Vacant NJ

abandonednj wrote: Im working that. you all should come, there is going to be alot of cool presentations.

Cool, if I'm free that evening I'll definitally have to stop by.

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by misterpat
I would love to go, but its way too late for me. Please give them all our regards.

More
12 years 7 months ago #5 by msterscary
OOOOH! Maybe I'll come by for a few.