Warden's House Demolition

More
13 years 9 months ago #1 by lithiumbaby
The warden's house was demolished

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #2 by misterpat
Replied by misterpat on topic Warden's House Demolition
That blows. That building was cool. Rest in piece!

Attachments:

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by EsseXploreR

LithiumBaby wrote: The warden's house was demolished

how do you know?!

"It's better to regret something you did, then something you didn't do"

abandonednjurbex.blogspot.com/

More
13 years 9 months ago #4 by lithiumbaby
went there yesterday. there are a lot of changes happening. There are bulldozers every where and stuff like that.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
13 years 9 months ago #5 by insanebuslady
Yup. I knew it was going to happen this summer. Especially since those fuckers went to town on the jail

More
13 years 9 months ago #6 by EsseXploreR

More
13 years 9 months ago #7 by msterscary
This makes me very sad. I really enjoyed that place. I still have all the hard drives around here from the computer room somewhere.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8 by ashley25
Replied by ashley25 on topic Warden's House Demolition
Fuck, I feel like I am losing a friend :cry:

More
13 years 9 months ago #9 by lithiumbaby
At the end of that video you should have had something come out and scare you at the end! That would have been grand!

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
13 years 9 months ago #10 by EsseXploreR
haha yeah i guess nobody will find the rest of the jewlery there

More
13 years 9 months ago #11 by ashley25
Went back last night to pay some respects... every single hole, door and window is now sealed, even those behind the trailers. Spent hours looking for a way in but gave up - our first fail :evil:

The entire Warden's house is gone but there is plenty of debris littered around - tread lightly, it was so dark last night that I hurtled myself over a giant pile of metal pipes and took quite a spill. Was hella loud, too, musta been goddamn hilarious to watch!

A cop was patrolling around 12:30am - we were sitting in the field overlooking the jail, shrouded by brush and saw the cop loop the road around the complex (within the fence) once or twice rather lazily before leaving.

Just an FYI for those of you interested.

More
13 years 9 months ago #12 by misterpat
Replied by misterpat on topic Warden's House Demolition
Good info Ashley. Did You happen to get some pics of the remains of the Wardens house?

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #13 by ashley25
No I didn't, but the house is totally gone. Just a lot of pipes, wood, chunks of plastic and housing materials scattered around the flattened shallow hole where the house once stood. Bunch of dumpsters and construction equipment parked in the main courtyard, so I assume they aren't done.... :*(***

I am so terribly thankful that, upon first visiting ECJA, we took a tour through the Warden's house and I have a bunch of pictures to document the place. I even jacked some inmate paperwork that I found in one of the rooms on the first floor - it's two Store Order request lists that inmates used to fill out for the weekly trips to the convenience store - to request food, candy, cigarettes, etc. I took some photos of them just now and posted them below (click to zoom in so you can read them - neat stuff!) The one I grabbed is from my birthday (08/27/1984).

I was initially very hesitant about taking the papers home with me, and on my way out of ECJA I dropped it in the brush and almost left it there, feeling guilty about looting it - but in looking back, I am SO very glad I did. Part of me knew that house wasn't going to exist much longer.... The boxes and piles of inmate and employee paperwork scattered from the basement bar to the attic, historic documentation dating all the way back to the 1940s onward, is now nothing more than illegible shredded scraps in some garbage dump.

From now on, I'm going to start taking [small] souvenirs from all the locales I explore....

Attachments: