Taking It Too Far

More
13 years 11 months ago #1 by EsseXploreR
Just heard from somebody that works for the town that the reason state police were flying all over our town was due to the fact that there was a large fire at the jail. Not just the usual asshole kids that light fires with the files in the auditorium but a full scale fire. we just got back but it was too dark to see anything, full investigation tomorrow morning

"It's better to regret something you did, then something you didn't do"

abandonednjurbex.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #2 by misterpat
Replied by misterpat on topic Taking It Too Far
Oh boy... This cant be good. Please get some pics if ya could of what burned.

More
13 years 11 months ago #3 by EsseXploreR
Replied by EsseXploreR on topic Taking It Too Far
i always have my camera with me. this better be false...

More
13 years 11 months ago #4 by lithiumbaby
Replied by lithiumbaby on topic Taking It Too Far
I sure hope so. Investigate and let us know what happened. I hope it's only a joke or I'm gonna be really mad.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #5 by misterpat
Smoke is billowing out of the vicinity of the old Essex County Prison near Mountain Avenue in North Caldwell.

This property is currently vacant.

North Caldwell fire engines and other personnel are one the scene.

Waiting to hear updates.

For now, there is an acrid smell of smoke.

This photo was taken from up the road, above the jail.

The police had to cut through a chain to gain access to the site.

UPDATE:

As of now (7:30 p.m., Saturday May 22) fire engines from North Caldwell, West Caldwell, Cedar Grove and Essex Fells are on the scene.

It may be a fire on the second floor of the jail; details will follow once the fire chiefs are not busy with this fire.

While there just now, it did look like it was a smaller fire.

UPDATE: 7:48 P.M.

Investigators suspect arson - but if you go to an empty jail with a fire, that would probably be logical!

Nothing definite yet, but as usual, the local fire departments here were on the scene in MINUTES.

thejerseytomatopress.com/detail/3989.html
Attachments:

More
13 years 11 months ago #6 by lithiumbaby
What a bunch of ass holes! I fucking hate people! I hope these kids realize when you break your toys you cab no longer play with them.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
13 years 11 months ago #7 by hidinginshadows
Replied by hidinginshadows on topic Taking It Too Far

LithiumBaby wrote: What a bunch of ass holes! I fucking hate people! I hope these kids realize when you break your toys you cab no longer play with them.

so true...

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #8 by EsseXploreR
Investigation proved it was files in the auditorium...

More
13 years 11 months ago #9 by lithiumbaby
What a bunch of ass punks. Wtf is wrong with people these days? They dont realize is that fire could have grown to epic proportions and the personnel fighting that fire could have been seriously injured. It's one thing to go in and get hurt but putting other lives in danger is just retarded and selfish. I hope they find they people who did it.

Edit: If these are stupid kids I'm sure they will find a way to incriminate themselves just like what happened in the hilltop incident.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
13 years 11 months ago #10 by misterpat
Was it tougher getting in there today, or have they still not locked that place down?

Good job getting those pics.

More
13 years 11 months ago #11 by EsseXploreR
yes and thank you

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #12 by EsseXploreR
Heres a link to my youtube video of the place

More
13 years 11 months ago #13 by lithiumbaby
The Essex County Prosecutor's Office Arson Squad is investigating a suspicious fire that broke out Saturday evening on the second floor of the former Essex County Jail Annex in North Caldwell.

In a statement released Monday, North Caldwell Fire Chief John D'Ascensio said the department received a report of smoke coming from one of the jail's buildings at about 6:20 p.m.

After cutting the locks from an exterior gate to gain entry to the site, firefighters determined the smoke was coming from the second floor above the cafeteria, D'Ascensio said.

However, firefighters had to force their way into that portion of the building where the fire was contained to a recreational room where piles of old records were set on fire, D'Ascensio said.

"Security was breached, but we're not exactly sure how they got in there," D'Ascensio said. "We needed to force our way through because we're going to take the more conventional way through a door and not climb a fence or climb through windows, which may have been done to set the fire."

While only smoke was detected from the exterior, firefighters encountered flames once inside the recreational room, according to D'Ascensio, who said no significant damage was done to the building and a burning odor was smelt by some of those in the area as much as an hour before the call came into the department.

D'Ascensio said another fire of "suspicious nature" occurred at the site several years ago, but North Caldwell Police Chief Mark Deuer said his department hasn't received many calls of recent trespassing.

"In the past two months, we've had one case where we had a couple of kids walk up there from Caldwell," Deuer said. "We were alerted pretty much immediately by some residents in the area. We went over there and picked them up and called the parents to take them home."

D'Ascensio is unsure how access was gained or possible motive for Saturday night's incident.

According to D'Ascensio, since there was no on-site water supply, firefighters shuttled the necessary supply from the fire apparatus tanks.

In addition to North Caldwell, firefighters from West Caldwell, Essex Fells and Cedar Grove responded to the scene, which was cleared by 8 p.m., D'Ascensio said.

While the West Essex First Aid Squad responded as a precaution, no injuries occurred, D'Ascensio said.

Anyone with information on the fire should call the North Caldwell Police Department at 973-226-0800 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 973-226-0800 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

More
13 years 11 months ago #14 by insanebuslady
Replied by insanebuslady on topic Taking It Too Far
I know I'm just echoing everyone's sentiments but..

Bastards. I will cause physical harm to any shithead kids I see harming the jail.

Ya know it wouldn't surprise me if Divincenzo hired some of his thugs to start that fire. Ever heard of Jewish Lightening?

Not trying to be antisemetic, it's just an expression

More
13 years 11 months ago #15 by EsseXploreR
yes and i wouldnt be shocked to find out something like that. supposably they caught 2 kids hopping the fence that day but no one seems to want to talk about it

More
13 years 11 months ago #16 by macgruder
Replied by macgruder on topic Taking It Too Far
What a shame. I loved those files. Best part of that place in my opinion. I heard half of them were sitting out in the courtyard from being thrown out the window. Now this?

Heartbreaking.

More
13 years 11 months ago #17 by misterpat

macgruder wrote: What a shame. I loved those files. Best part of that place in my opinion. I heard half of them were sitting out in the courtyard from being thrown out the window. Now this?

Heartbreaking.

Welcome aboard! :D

Yes, Your right. It was interesting to read those files. See what people were in there for back in the 30's and 40's. I have a bunch saved here. maybe someday I will scan them and post them.

More
13 years 11 months ago #18 by macgruder
Replied by macgruder on topic Taking It Too Far
I have a bunch at home as well. I'm planning on making sort of a collage of them all and framing it for my office wall. Thanks for the welcome.

More
13 years 11 months ago #19 by riada
Replied by riada on topic Taking It Too Far
Just saw the video...exceptional...especially your choice of song, so poignantly apropos! It really helped to convey the mood after something like this happens... Kudos are in order, sir! Well done! :ymapplause:

Nor but in sleep findeth a cure for care.
Incertainty that once gave scope to dream
Of laughing enterprise and glory untold,
Is now a blackness that no stars redeem.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20 by EsseXploreR
Thanks Riada!