Posting Images

More
5 years 1 month ago #1 by admin1039
Posting Images was created by admin1039
Many people who post images use 3rd party hosting, such as Photobucket, Imgur, Flicker, etc..... Over time, people delete or move those images without fixing the ones they have posted over the years resulting in useless threads. We ask when posting images to use the "Attachment" feature and then "Insert" them. Disabling the {IMG} tag is one possible way to enforce this, but we really don't think it will be in our best interest. Please post back with any thoughts on this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #2 by Vacant NJ
Replied by Vacant NJ on topic Posting Images

admin1039 wrote: Many people who post images use 3rd party hosting, such as Photobucket, Imgur, Flicker, etc..... Over time, people delete or move those images without fixing the ones they have posted over the years resulting in useless threads. We ask when posting images to use the "Attachment" feature and then "Insert" them. Disabling the {IMG} tag is one possible way to enforce this, but we really don't think it will be in our best interest. Please post back with any thoughts on this.

I personally have been using Flickr for 12 years to host my photographs. I keep my account active and up-to-date, thus there are no broken links. However, disabling the HTML {IMG}{/IMG} tags would, in my situation, create broken links and make it more difficult for me to share images as I'd again have to upload them to this forum. I agree that it's not in the best interest to remove them altogether.

More
5 years 1 month ago #3 by Gravemind
Replied by Gravemind on topic Posting Images
I agree with both statements actually. I also use Flickr for everything and keep it up to date. But I know that not all others do or intend to. I see plenty of posts on the forum that now contain broken links. It would be very nice to have all of our stuff still here so we can go back and look at it years down the road. So for that reason, I'm 100% for using the uploader. I just download the photo off my Flickr then upload it.

More
5 years 1 month ago #4 by misterpat
Replied by misterpat on topic Posting Images
I think we'll leave the IMG tags. I'll just follow up on some people's threads and upload them myself. As Gravemind stated, I'm trying to make this something we can look back on while still contributating to it as we can. I'm currently going through threads of members who don't post here anymore and attaching their images to preserve the threads.

More
5 years 1 month ago #5 by Vacant NJ
Replied by Vacant NJ on topic Posting Images

misterpat wrote: I think we'll leave the IMG tags. I'll just follow up on some people's threads and upload them myself. As Gravemind stated, I'm trying to make this something we can look back on while still contributating to it as we can. I'm currently going through threads of members who don't post here anymore and attaching their images to preserve the threads.

Maybe Gravemind could reward Mister Pat for all his hard work on the forum by coming on a kayak trip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: misterpat

More
5 years 1 month ago #6 by Gravemind
Replied by Gravemind on topic Posting Images
Just give me dates ahead of time so I can inform the dictator
The following user(s) said Thank You: misterpat, Vacant NJ